Friday, November 5, 2010

Rain!

So this is hurricane rain.  How interesting.  I am alone in Pastor Jacob's house, waiting for breakfast at the main Guest House.  It has rained pretty hard all night, and it still is coming down. The rest of our party is spread out elsewhere, as many people are sharing this sanctuary.  I suspect they are just fine.  My room is very nice, but I have to keep the door closed or kittens keep wandering in, and a small cat likes to chase the large gecko up on the wall above the bed.
Today is a day for books, board games, puzzles, and lots of good Christian fellowship with people from all over the USA.  I wish we were still working on a useful project, but soon enough we'll understand why we are still here.  As Phil Campbell noted, "God evidently has more work for us here, it's kind of exciting to wait and wonder what it will be!"
By the way, the roosters are doing just fine in the rain.

3 comments:

  1. An email sent to me from Bishop Elaine: Please share with the team that you are in my prayers, with gratitude for your willingness to put your own well-being at risk in service to others and to Jesus Christ. God is with you in the midst of the storm. May God grant you safe passage home. Soon.


    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another email sent to me - for you:
    Our prayers are with you.....I was in Haiti in 2004 after the 2003 Hurricaine. I am a veterinarian and I worked with a group of physicians, nurses and dentists from Pittsburgh and two other veterinarians up near La Croix with a great man named Pastor Pierre. I would like to hear more about your work and see if there is a need/opportunity to go again to support your work.
    Scott Bovard, DVM
    Missoula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized this a.m. that I posted something to you last night, but didn't wait to 'pass the security thing' so you probably didn't get it! I was SO glad to receive your postings and an email from Adam this morning - it was the first thing I did when I got up was to see if there was any news. I love the photos and will see if we can post them on the website! You have no idea how many people are wrapping you and the people of Haiti in prayers. Imagine a large, bulky, colorful Native American blanket, wrapped around you and all the people of Haiti, holding you close. We are so grateful for your witness, and your willingness to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete